Fourth-Quarter Run Propels Storm Over Wings, 97-76

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mustan Mnba, May 9, 2024.

1. Mustan Mnba

Mustan Mnba New Member

A substantial fourth quarter raised the Seattle Storm over the Dallas Wings 97-76 on Sunday in Arlington to aid Seattle improve the 10-4 on the Stewart blazed a trail for the Storm with 28 points and 12 rebounds, noting her second double-double of the had four other gamers rack up in https://www.storestormteam.com/Nneka_Ogwumike_Jersey double figures in Natasha Howard, Jewell Loyd, Sue Bird and Sami Tornado shot 52.9 percent from the area for the game including 13 three-pointers. DEFINING MOMENTS Seattle opened the 2nd period outscoring the Wings 12-2 to obtain a double-digit benefit over Dallas early. The Wings had the ability to get its crime going later in the duration, yet the Tornado still handled to take a seven-point introduce halftime at 49-42. A 9-0 run from the Wings in the 3rd duration offered the lead back to Dallas at 56-55 with 4:47 left in the 3rd. Seattle converted on a couple of huge containers to close out the 3rd quarter to reclaim the lead and take a 68-64 lead right into the last Storm and Wings traded buckets in the early part of the fourth quarter till Seattle took place a 22-0 run to increase 92-71 with 2:35 left in the game. Dallas forgoed the white flag at that factor and place in the books, as the Storm eventually won the video game by 21. HUGHES TAKE As the significant 4th quarter run was the specifying moment in the game, head trainer Dan Hughes thought his groups play on both sides of the round was essential in the run occurring."I assume it began defensively, I assumed we just got more aggressive in the systems that we were doing and I thought it really permitted us to get a little momentum out of our defense and after that we hit huge shots. Take legal action against did a fantastic task of just obtaining the ball to individuals, Stewie was actually excellent down the stretch doing things and I believed Jewell did a wonderful work of selecting moments late in the shot clock that she can make plays."NOTESStewart, that got in tonight's video game leading the WNBA in scoring with 21.5 factors per video game, completed with 28 points and 12 rebounds, notching her 23rd double-double in her published her 24th job double-double Storm Basketball Jersey, racking up 10 points and dishing out a season-high 10 Mosqueda-Lewis notched her third-straight beginning, and completed with eight points and a season-high 2 scored a season-high 12 points, linking on 4-for-7 from deep, and linked her career-high with 3 is currently 1-1 on the season vs. Dallas, and will certainly encounter the group for the third and final time in Seattle on July 14. UP NEXT Seattle will stay when traveling for it next competition with the Minnesota Lynx on Tuesday. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m.